Gaining knowledge on the most common reasons for the rejection of your subpoena or authorization request can help you save time & money. Each custodian is going to have their own rules & procedures when obtaining records. Understanding all these details will send you into a tornado of stress & a serious time crunch. Trusting Appleby & Company is the course to take to ensure that you are serving a complete document & following all custodian procedures. But, before your order makes it to our associates, here are few ways you can confirm that your request will not be refused by a custodian:
- Custodian or Entity name incorrect or misspelled
- Authorization doesn’t follow HIPAA guidelines
- Necessary Authorization boxes aren’t marked
- Dates aren’t filled out or have already expired
- Not signed by applicant
- Subpoenas are not signed by an attorney
Appleby & Company can ensure that your document for serving is prepared appropriately & following the proper procedures set out by the thousands of custodians in our network. Just one of the ways that we Simplify Your World.